Masters in Leadership Coaching Psychology (MS)
Considered one of the emerging specialties in psychology, the study of leadership and coaching aims not only to learn the philosophy and theories of leadership development, but also give students a better understanding of their own leadership aptitude. A master’s degree in leadership and coaching psychology can take graduates down a number of paths. While coursework includes the basic study of psychological analysis, career paths with such a degree can follow the mental health path or venture on toward business and leadership development opportunities – such as human resources managers or executive coaches.
Steps Toward A Masters in Leadership and Coaching (MS)
To become a leadership and coaching psychologist, requirements vary significantly by state. Successful students typically complete the following steps:
- Earn proper undergraduate degree (requirements vary by state). Common undergraduate degrees include Bachelor of Science programs in education, psychology or human services.
- Earn proper graduate degree (requirements vary by state). Typically includes completing a Master of Psychology with a concentration in leadership coaching.
- Obtain proper licensure (requirements vary by state).
- Participate in continuing education. There is no formal regulatory board for this profession, although many professionals embark on continuing education courses in counseling or psychology.
My Earning Power
The expected salary, career growth, and work environment for a leadership and coaching psychologist might include:
- Job Prospects: Favorable due to job openings outnumbering graduates from counseling programs.
- Job Setting: Private practices, businesses, consulting companies, schools.
My Degree and What It’s Worth
This degree may allow you to work with businesses or individuals, with patients looking for self improvement, or groups looking to increase their own efficiency and cohesiveness. A leadership and coaching psychologist is typically responsible for the following job duties:
- Study the organizational dynamics, interviewing, and observational strategies of a company or department.
- Conduct quantitative reasoning and analysis in management and/or leadership.
- Focus on contemporary issues and practices of psychology in relation to contemporary business strategies.
- Counsel clients on business management and leadership or career transition issues.
Online Masters in Leadership Coaching Psychology Degree Programs
- Capella University: MS in Leadership Coaching Psychology
- Walden University: MS in Psychology – Leadership/Coaching
Closely Related Programs
The following degrees are closely related to a Masters in Leadership Coaching Psychology degree, often allowing you to pursue a career in this field or others:
- Masters in Career Counseling
- Masters in Clinical Psychology
- Masters in Counseling Psychology
- Masters in Professional Counseling
Masters in Counseling Online Programs
Online programs have grown in popularity as more accredited schools have started offering distance learning programs. Today, several schools offer master's in counseling degrees with dozens of specializations to select from. Find out more about each program by clicking on the links below and contacting the school with the forms we provide.
Capella University MS: Counseling Psych.MS: Addiction CounselingMS: Career CounselingMS: Mental CounselingMore Degrees...
Looking for a counseling degree?
Use the degree finder below, and we'll help you find a counseling program.