Relationship counseling is a broad field, and can encompass more than marriage issues. Relationship counselors often work with couples who want to adopt, parents with difficult children and children with difficult parents. But, the counseling doesn’t stop there — eldercare issues have come to the forefront with the aging of the Baby Boomer generation. With so many irons in the fire, sometimes it helps to have answers to questions that may come up along the way. So, we’ve gathered 30 exceptional question and answer sites that cover all the above issues, including marriage.
- 100 Premarital Questions: This page is filled with questions offered by SunniPath, the online Islamic Academy. In this culture, there is usually an imam who does 3 sessions or even more of premarital counseling in which the 2 individuals have to respond to a series of questions.
- Free Marriage Advice From Dr. Gunzburg: Dr. Gunzburg is a psychologist practicing in Baltimore, Maryland. He has been continually licensed since 1975 by the Maryland Board of Examiners for Psychologists.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Marriage Counseling: The National Directory of Marriage & Family Counseling offers this page filled with questions and answers about marriage counseling.
- Helpful Information About Marriage Counseling: This page contains a list of questions offered by Charles E. Martin, PhD, a clinical psychologist and marriage and divorce counselor.
- Is Premarital Counseling or Education for You? Most couples don’t realize that good, skill-based pre-marriage counseling or classes can reduce the risk of divorce by up to thirty percent and lead to a significantly happier marriage, according to marriage research.
- Marriage by the Book: Questions and answers offered by a Christian Web site about marriage. This site is written and monitored by Rick and Rebekah Porterfield.
- Marriage Counseling Questions to Ask: Marriage counseling questions can be very effective in avoiding any issues that may concern either of the partner and it may also strengthen the relationship by making the marriage more transparent.
- Marriage Counseling Questions To Strengthen Your Relationship: Marriage counseling questions designed to help a couple address problems and enhance their relationship. These questions are typical marriage counseling questions.
- Marriage Questions and Answers: This page contains questions that have been submitted by About.com readers and answered by About.com Guides for marriage, Sheri and Bob Stritof.
- Premarital Counseling part 1: Questions that need answers: This is the first in a five-part series by retired pastor and director of missions Wade Paris to assist pastors in helping couples begin Christian marriages.
- Questions to Ask a Marriage Therapist: Marriage therapy or counseling is one of the most challenging forms of therapy. This is a good set of questions to ask or to be ready to answer.
- Young Couples and Marriage: Toni Nicolino, reporter for the Washington Square News, had some questions for Dr. Allison Conner, a clinical psychologist in NYC who provides therapy for couples and individuals in her private practice, and also directs Cognitive Therapy Associates (a network of therapists in the NYC area).
Family Counseling Questions
- American Adoptions Questions and Answers: For many couples, the decision about whether or not to pursue adoption can be a hard one. This site offers solutions to the most frequently asked questions about their service and adoption issues.
- Center for Family Counseling Questions: This set of questions focus-es on Christian and pastoral counseling for families. This is an interesting set of questions.
- Counseling Center Frequently Asked Questions: NC State University offers questions that parents often ask about their children going off to college for the first time.
- ElderCare Matters Ask an Expert: Get answers to your elder care questions from members of the ElderCare Matters Alliance, some of America’s top elder care experts who can help you plan for and deal with your family’s issues of aging.
- Familial Cancer Clinic Frequently Asked Questions: The Familial Cancer Clinic is a specialized program that evaluates a family’s history of cancer to determine risk and recommends appropriate interventions and screening.
- Family Counseling Center Association Frequently Asked Questions: Good general questions about what to expect in family counseling sessions.
- Interviewing and communicating with adolescents: An interesting document that talks about how to deal with adolescents as a counselor. The Q&A section is located halfway down this page.
- Massachusetts Elder Law Forum: Although this site focuses on Massachusetts, you may find some answers to pressing questions about your elder relation at this site.
- Questions and Answers: LGBTQ Youth Issues: SIECUS, or Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, provides a number of questions and answers for parents of children who have issues with sexual orientation.
- Questions and Answers for Adoption Families: The questions and answers offered here come from Adoption Services, an adoption agency. If you want pregnancy questions for the mother who wants to put a child up for adoption, this site has those Q&A solutions as well.
- Questions & Answers When Looking For An Elder and Special Needs Law Attorney: Legal issues that affect the elderly are growing in number. Use this Q&A format to find some answers to possible questions.
- Teen Suicide Questions and Answers: Tandem Journey provides a format for questions and answers on the delicate subject of teen suicides.
- Answers to common questions about counseling: Joyce Breasure, past president of the American Counseling Association and a professional counselor who has been in private practice for more than 20 years, brings some answers to questions about counseling to light.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Sex and Relationships: WebMD provides a series of questions about sex and relationships that link to extensive answers to those questions.
- Just Answer — Relationship: Recommended by CNN.com, NBC.com, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Good morning America and the Today show, this site allows users to ask questions and obtain answers from relationship counselors.
- Questions about sex for teens and young people: If you, as a parent or counselor, feel uncomfortable answering an adolescent’s questions about sex and relationships, then lead that teen to this site, where real questions are answered with solid answers.
- Sex Laws: This site contains a blog, but the real questions and answers are to the left in the menu. Use this site to learn more about national boundaries and definitions as well as California laws.
- The Relationship Institute Frequently Asked Questions: This list of questions is about relationships, but also about counseling received at The Relationship Institute.